1. Ask for fresh cuts of meat rather than pre-packaged. It makes a difference trust me. My mom has been a butcher for 25 years, she say's they are always willing to help you out when they can.
2. The butcher can also recommend cuts of steak. Slight marbling will always offer a juicy steak with more flavor!
3. Remove meats 20 minutes prior to grilling to prevent uneven cooking. A very cold cut of steak will cook uneven.
4. Give your grill about 10-15 minutes to warm up. Test by placing your hand over the grate, if you can hold it there for more than 2 seconds the grill is not ready yet.
5. Let your steak create a sear before moving or flipping. If you try to soon it will stick to the grate.
6. Use the touch test with your finger to check for doneness.
Rare: soft and spongy
Medium: springs bake when touched.
Well: firm, no bounce back.
7. Always let rest at least 5 minutes to allow juices to settle.
Happy Father's Day to all of you amazing dad's out there!